Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dream For A Day

I have to tell you ... the Dream For A Day workshop was awesome! Seeing all of you sitting there identifying your dreams and putting the first steps in place to make those dreams come true was really inspiring. I hope you know that you guys inspire me a whole lot more than I would ever inspire you. I really get a kick out of seeing your eyes dance as you realize that you really can reach your goals. It was so much fun watching you talk to one another and and then tell the group what each others dreams are. I saw a lot of you smile with pride as someone other than you expressed how important your dream is to the world while the rest of the group nodded in agreement.



Another fun part of the workshop for me was when I taught you guys about the S.T.A.R. System. I really saw the light bulbs go off for many of you when you realized what your personality is really like and why you do what you do every day. It was great when you began to reflect on your dreams and how your personality (and the personalities of those important to you) affect your path toward those dreams. I heard several of you at the Tuesday Financial Freedom class talk about different people in your lives in terms of their personality types and how understanding S.T.A.R. helped you understand them better. I was even able to explain at the meeting how S.T.A.R. affects how you learn when I was going over the Income Protection topic.



Now don't go thinking that the Dream For A Day workshop was a one-time deal. Steve and I are planning to continue teaching, educating, and inspiring entrepreneurs through a series of related workshops that can lead you to your dreams. We'll be hosting one workshop each month through the end of the year on the first Saturday of the month. These workshops will cover topics such as the mindset of a business owner, daily business building habits, and how to develop professional business skills as well as how to turn your dreams into money in your account. It's not enough to just have the How, the Why, and the When. Without the What you're not going to be able to affect all the lives that you guys desire to help. With the skills you'll learn in these workshops you'll have the tools you need to turn your dreams into reality. We'll be adding information on these workshops to our website as we finalize the details so keep checking in.



Once again, I am pumped to know so many awesome people decided to go to the next level and not just talk about their dreams but started putting in the work to making them happen. I would love to hear your thoughts about the event and your commitment to go after your dreams because you realize its your time !
Always remember ...
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. DREAM FOR A DAY EVENT:
    This event was the icing on the cake to the conclustion of Show Me The Money! We started out by linking up w/ someone we hadn’t had much conversation with. I picked Patrice Jordan b/c she was 1 of the 3 people in the room I never had a conversation with. The activity was to listen & recite the other person’s dream. It was definitely an icebreaker! It's part of that whole results thing Markeda loves! It was a great way to get to know everybody in the class & a way of networking w/o having to talk to each individual personally – how cool!

    The Four Personality Types was another great activity to help me understand others & myself. Although I don’t have a full knowledge of these it can see where it will be beneficial to get to know all types both in business & in my personal life.

    I love the story of the 2 farmers that both prayed for rain yet only 1 was prepared when it came – it was an eye opener. So many times in life we sit around waiting for an opportunity to fall into our laps but just like in the physical that rarely happens & so it is in the spiritual, yet so many times we pray then sit back & chill waiting for God to perform. A relationship doesn’t work that way it takes work on both parts & that story helped me recognize all of this.

    I had fun w/ the clothespins! The clothespins encouraged us to stay positive. It was all about changing your perspective from a negative one to a positive one…so much so that if you spoke negatively you lost a clothespin…loved it! It really kept me on my toes to staying positive & keeping other accountable – lol.

    The Dream Test: When I 1st saw my score I felt defeated; however, quickly I realized the areas of lack & this excited me b/c I now had sight where I was blind!

    I always like the activity when Markeda has us plan our week. I can get bogged down w/ life & put planning to the side, but I know how important it is. Being the results person Markeda is she had us plan our week & went beyond to help us recognize the obstacles we may face & what we will do to overcome them – awesome!

    The Guide To Success: This was an activity to use to measure our success using Biblical Principle’s. I won't go into the details (you'll have to take the class! :) )

    HELPFUL TIDBITS:

    Simple measurable steps – It's not big things it’s the little things. This was SO helpful for me. I tend to think if it’s not BIG it’s not significant, which leads me to feeling overwhelmed. Focusing on small measurable steps is attainable!

    Embrace your failures & obstacles they are what make you an expert. OMG! I have let the fear of failure stop me from gaining experience, moving ahead, making more money. It’s crazy, it’s sad, but this statement changes my perspective to a positive outlook on failure vs. always seeing it as a negative.

    Another BIG THANK YOU goes out to Markeda! Your passion helps ignite my passion! You have no idea the impact you're making on my life - I KNOW you're one of the tools that's been sent my way by God to fulfill a prophecy that was spoken over me a few months ago!

    ReplyDelete